Saturday, February 16, 2008

My first sweater! After about a week of constant work my first sweater was born, and it's wonderful. I used Cassie Rovitti's pattern "Tubey" but then in a fit of stupidity decided to modify the pattern, (mostly because my needles weren't in pattern,) and didn't do the ribbed body, but rather a simple stockinette stitch. It is a little too small in the body, as a result. And I didn't pick up stitches very well and I completely failed at a proper bind off the first time, requiring stitch ripping and work cutting and starting it over. In the end though, it's not too bad for a first timer. It was a wonderful pattern to work with, and if I had followed like I should have, it would have been an even better sweater...




Just showing off my stripes!

2 comments:

Daly said...

Wow! You did that in a week?! Congratulations!! If I can ever move beyond the scarf, I will try this sweater. Is the neck line of yours the same as the pattern?

The Knovice Knitter said...

Yes, the neckline is the same but the pictures are deceiving. I'm wearing a shirt underneath the sweater, which is the green neckline you see.